3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 3:04 PM by enickers RSS

Engagement Opportunities!

maria_sosa Novice
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all, I've started this board because I felt a need for a place to collect opportunities for engagement in STEM community and learning opportunities. Please feel free to use this thread to share information about any such opportunities that you encounter.

I'll start by mentioning that his September, the Imagination Foundation will launch the Caine’s Arcade Cardboard Challenge & Global Day of Play, inviting the world to play while raising funds to foster creativity and entrepreneurship in kids. They are looking for volunteers, sponsors, or people who want to host an event in their community.

• Re: Engagement Opportunities!
    enickers New User

I heard about Caine's Arcade earlier this summer. I used the idea of building a cardboard arcade with a a small group of students I had in a summer STEM camp. It was so much fun!  I have registered to participate in the Global Day of Play in October.  My school is in New Jersey.  Where is your school located?  I am looking to connect with other schools participating too.

maria_sosa Novice

Elena, I'm not teaching anymore. I'm part of the Science NetLinks team. We're in the DC area. Where in New Jersey are you? Maybe we can help connect you with some teachers up there.

enickers New User

Hello, Maria.  I am teaching at Stuart Country Day School in Princeton NJ. School has not started yet, but I am hoping to get all of the lower school grades K-5 to  participate in the Global Day of Play. I am definitely having my fifth graders take part. I would love to connect with other teachers that are going to participate. Also, my school is an all girls school from K-12. Recently we have had a STEM initiative to encourage interest in STEM fields and areas of study.  Do you have any recommended sites or resources?  Would Science NetLinks be interested in partnering with our school?  We have been looking to build a mentoring program tapping into women in the STEM fields.

Thanks.

My school contact is enickerson@stuartschool.org

Elena

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...