7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 2:50 PM by lsfink RSS

Give Us Your Opinion about the Comic Creator!

lsfink Novice
Currently Being Moderated

The Comic Creator is the most popular resource on ReadWriteThink.org. We love it too! But, we know that it is terribly outdated and could use some new functionality.

• What do you like about the current Comic Creator and want to make sure we keep?
  • What changes/improvements would you like to see made to the Comic Creator?
  • Any other thoughts or feedback?

We appreciate your help!

• Re: Give Us Your Opinion about the Comic Creator!
    storylady29 New User

Add animals, more props.

Include more detailed directions.

Can you import original  illustrations and clip art?

Khorn Novice

Lisa:

To me, the Comic Creator is like a classic in literature.  It has been a mainstay since the inception of R.W.T interactives and it has been incredibly successful with teachers in every discipline.  I always liked to put up a sample and then throw it out to the teachers to get feedback on how it could be used challenging them in every discipline.

Some of the comments I have received on improving or changing CC included allowing students to be able to save their work and returning at a later date to complete it.  This was especially appropriate for elementary students who needed more than a class period to complete.  Adding some color options was another suggestion.  Maybe updating the background options and the character options to a more modern venue.  But, to me, that is what makes the CC so unique.... it isn't like any of the other comic generators and encourages students AND teachers to think outside the box.

I realize there are more "spiffy" comic links, but I think your CC is still the best!

lsfink Novice

Thanks so much for your feedback - we appreciate it! I know you have worked with many, many teachers and have heard lots of responses over the years. Saving will be a much for this new version!

Khorn Novice

Lisa:

While I am only one voice here, my personal opinion thinking about how teachers want to save time, I would vote for the hovering instructional method.  Additionally, I like the idea of keeping the original CC and building a sequel with color,saving options and different characters to choose from.

Thanks to R.W.T. for always seeking the best way to communicate whether graphically or in written format.

lege New User

I love the easy to use format of Comic Creator!!  It would be wonderful to have a greater variety of characters, backgrounds and props though.  Is there any way that students could use a mouse to draw their own shapes or import their own drawn characters?  In my teaching in the graphic arts it is always fun to find things that support literacy in the process.

Hovering is always my choice for instructions.

lsfink Novice

I agree with all of your suggestions - thanks for sharing! You mentioned the ability for students to draw their own or adapt what's there - we had that on an earliest list of improvements but we wondered if students would spend so much time customizing that they wouldn't concentrate enough on the creating and writing. What do you think?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points