1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 1:56 PM by Tammy Dewan RSS

In-Person vs. Online Support

joshuajeon New User
Currently Being Moderated

In working with teachers in our schools, what balance should we strike between the in-person and online support given to teachers, and how can we manage that balance?

What are the limitations of online support and how can we mitigate such limitations?

• Re: In-Person vs. Online Support
    Tammy Dewan Novice
    Currently Being Moderated

I have really embraced the online tech support chat features that are now available on different websites from banks to shopping to online courses.  I tend to do my computer work when the rest of the world is sleeping and with many of the online tech support chats, I can reach a person at 10pm at night. For example, my password for my online course I teach expired and I couldn't reset my password.  I contacted my online tech support and a nice lady stayed on the instant message with me until I was able to log in.

Do any school districts offer this kind of support for their teachers?  I know many universities offer this type of support for staff, faculty and students.

I think the limitations for getting online support is that it can be challenging to describe exactly what the issue is and what steps you have done to try and fix it.  It can be easier for the tech support to look at your computer to diagnose the problem.  Teachers have to learn to be very detailed when describing the issue.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...