6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2011 1:38 PM by joe_phelan RSS

Do you know of some Thinkfinity resources on mythology for 9-12?

cslobodnik New User
Currently Being Moderated

As a Social Studies educator, I enjoy finding creative ways to help my high school students read, take ownership of, understand, and connect to primary sources.  When I work with an English teacher to correlate our lessons, it is even better.  Unfortunately in our district the History and English curricula are not aligned.

Our struggling readers  enjoy reading  literature, so I try to find books  that relate to the period, such as Orwell's Burmese Days,  when we study imperialism.  I also use poetry to help explain events, both primary and secondary.  One of my favorites resources is  William Carlos Williams'  collections of poems about Brueghel's art.  I also ask students to write narratives, which they enjoy as a relief from comparative or analytical essays.  I use the R.A.F.T., which is featured on ReadWriteThink: http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/printouts/raft-writing-template-30633.html.

I looked for resources on mythology, in Thinkfinity, but there were not many for grades 9-12.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...