1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 24, 2011 11:25 PM by Lynne Hoffman RSS

National Geographic Education

Khorn Novice
Currently Being Moderated

I trust you have all checked our the Beta site for NGE.  If not, may I please suggest that you do so and offer your comments to NGE concerning their intended site.  Go to Thinkfinity.org, scroll to bottom and click on the National Geographic logo.  That brings up their former Expedition page and a link at the very top of the page to their Beta site.

Notice on the bottom of the Expedition page you will see the familiar Lessons, Activities, and Atlas.If you want a really fun treat, click on the Map Maker One Page link.  Every teacher will love this interactive. They have drawing tools, symbols, and all kinds of neat things that can be added to any map for any of the continents. 

Also, note that Lori Gracey is conducting Webinars on the new site beginning on May 16th.  I know I'm signed up to take advantage of her expertise, and urge you to do so also.  Let's encourage all our TX teachers to sign-up and learn about this awesome Website.

• Re: National Geographic Education
    Lynne Hoffman Apprentice
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Karen,

I agree with you that the new National Geographic Education site has some awesome features especially the enhanced map making tools.  Since it is still in Beta form, there are some areas not yet developed.  I imagine they will work out the design issues soon. 

In the meantime, it may be helpful to look at the discussion The specified item was not found. that contains comments reflecting some of the features that are currently missing from the Beta site.  In one of my recent Thinkfinity training sessions, the teachers were looking for the standards alignment feature that is currently on Xpeditions but not yet on the Beta site.  I know that will be part of their future development. 

I will be on vacation in May, but I hope I can register for one of the webinars that will discuss the new site.  Thanks for sharing that information.

Lynne

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...