0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2013 6:54 PM by Marcia Torgrude RSS

The 5 Questions Teachers Should Ask Students

Marcia Torgrude Apprentice
Currently Being Moderated

I just came across this blog in Educational Technology and Mobile Learning and I thought I would share here:

The 5 Questions Teachers should Ask Students ~ Educational Technology and Mobile Learning

It is important to think about the questions we are asking our students. Research states that 80% of the questions we are asking our students are low-level questions. If we wish for our students to reach the highest level of thinking we need to consider asking more high level questions. If you aren't familiar with Webb's Levels of Depth of Knowledge, I highly recommend thinking about the questions for each of the 4 levels - http://www.ramonausd.net/cms/lib07/CA01000789/Centricity/Domain/25/DOK_Question_Stems.pdf

Test yourself - highlight all questions you ask daily in green, highlight all those that you ask sometimes in yellow, and highlight all those questions you rarely or never ask in pink.

What did you observe?

What questions do you plan to begin asking your students to engage them in the learning process?

If you are already asking these questions, share what is happening to the learning in your classroom.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...