2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2013 12:33 PM by Marcia Torgrude RSS

Infusing the Math Shifts

Marcia Torgrude Apprentice
Currently Being Moderated

I was so thrilled to come across a wonderful document that not only explains the 6 instructional shifts in the Math Common Core, but also gave advice for infusing the shifts in your teaching and in student learning. "Infusing the Math Shifts" was created by the Jefferson-Lewis-Hamilton-Herkimer-Oneida BOCES Race to the Top Network Team. I have also added this document to our group so you may access it through the documents tab.

How might you use this document for yourself or as a collaborative team? What are your thoughts, questions, or comments?

• Re: Infusing the Math Shifts
    akong New User

I see this as a great professional development document. I can imagine subject teachers grouping together to share a lesson plan that they've either created or updated once Common Core was adopted. Showing how their lesson plan reflects the 6 instructional changes can definitely put this document into context for many teachers who struggle pedagogically.

Thank you for sharing!

• Re: Infusing the Math Shifts
      Marcia Torgrude Apprentice

Thank you Ann. If you do this with the teachers, I would love to hear how the work went. Did they find the 6 Shifts beneficial? Or did it help them see the importance of the 8 Standards of Mathematical Practice? This would be great information to have when working with my teachers here in South Dakota.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...