2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 10:43 PM by Lynne Hoffman RSS

Do you know of any Differentiated Instruction Resources?

cmuller Novice
Currently Being Moderated

Have you ever wondered about teaching using Differentiated Instruction?

I think our colleague rpalafox best defined Differentiated Instruction as an "instructional concept that maximizes learning for ALL students - regardless of their skill level or background" in a document he posted on March 6, 2011.

Differentiated Instruction is based upon the fact that in a typical classroom, students vary in their academic abilities, learning styles, personalities, interests, background knowledge, experiences, and levels of motivation for learning.

I agree that when teachers differentiate instruction, they use the best teaching practices and strategies to create different pathways that respond to the needs of diverse learners.

Do you know of any Differentiated Instruction Resources?  I have Dr. Debbie Silver's Differentiated Instruction Planner:  A Quick-Reference Resource to Help Teachers Encourage Students to Find Their Own Ways, Their Own Rhythms, and Their Own Strengths (Incentive Publications #IP 350-2); Amy Benjamin's Book Differentiated Instruction: A Guide For Elementary School Teachers (Eye On Education, Inc., 2003); and Richard M. Cash's Book Advancing Differentiation: Thinking and Learning for the 21st Century (Free Spirit Publishing Inc., 2011).

Free Spirit has three other resources on Differentiated Instruction. They are the following: DifferentiationForGiftedLearners.jpg221.jpgnoCDDifferentiatingInstructionRegularClassroom.jpg

Has anyone read/used these books? Do you know of others that you have found useful?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points