Most are free, a few have a charge.
Lots of different brand names, SENTEO(Smart), Quizdom, EInstruction, etc.
Most usethe same general process:
1) Step up the class with the student names
2) Students join the class with their clicker.
1) A bit of work to create the lesson the first time, but then you have it forever. MUCH less work in the long run. Create the lesson once, use it many times.
2) Immediate feedback to know if your students are "getting it".
3) Some kids are more prone to answer if it is anonymous
4) You can (probably) use your existing PowerPoint slide decks and import them into your particular clicker software. We can do some one-on-one training for each individual classroom setup.
5) If you don't have a set of clickers or don't want to buy one, you may want to look into downloading an APP or checking out "Poll Everywhere Text Message (SMS) Polls and Voting, Audience Response System | Poll Everywhere".
6) Instant feedback from your class allows you to adjust your teaching as needed. This is Formative Assessment as each time you poll your audience it allows you to "form" what comes next.
7) You can use the clickers in a paper based test situation. Students get to work at their own pace. Grading is automatic. Students can change answers UNTIL they hit submit.
Mark Moore, email@example.com
Lori Whitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brenda Williams; email@example.com (upper level supervisor)
John Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org (first supervisor)
My email is email@example.com