2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 4:26 PM by SThurston RSS

Science film showcase

rcastiglia New User
Currently Being Moderated

Thanks to Verizon and AAAS for inviting me to the Jackson Hole Science Film Showcase at the Harvard Natural History Museum in Boston last night. I would like to share my notes and pictures with the group.

Science film showcase

Wednesday February 13

Selected winners from Jackson hole wildlife film festival science media awards

Film 1 - Wings of Life,  will be released on earth day by disney. Meryl Streep voice over

tomato flower

Various flowering pollination and bats. Beauty of slow motion.

Last one gratitude amazing appreciate each day thank and live each day smile share appreciate

Film 2 - Grammar of Happiness, on smithsonian channel

Dan Everth

Film 3 - Fabric of the Cosmos, 4part series on NOVA

Space and time how world works multiple universes

Film 4 - The Concorde Flying  Supersonic, about the Concorde, why it crashed from smithsonian channel

Film 5 - Bones of  Terecana

evolution of man

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Re: Science film showcase
    pputhuma New User

Thanks for attending and sharing your notes from the film showcase Rachel.  It was a great event that we were proud to be part of.  I want to see a number of the films in their entirety now!  It is fantastic to see so many science based films available for everyone to enjoy.

Phil Puthumana

Verizon Foundation

• Re: Science film showcase
    SThurston Novice

I agree...what a great event! I want to see all the films as well. It was also fantastic to have access to the scientists, researchers and directors in a casual setting after the event. They were very happy to discuss their work with everyone over drinks and appetizers.

Here is a link to the event details which provides short description of each of the films.

AAAS Science Film Showcase

Suzanne

AAAS Project Director

Science NetLinks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...