2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 11:21 AM by deeprivervisions RSS

What's your favorite educational website and/or app for teaching?

Lynne Hoffman Apprentice
Currently Being Moderated

In my opinion, Thinkfinity is the best website available for providing a variety of resources for teachers.  In addition to this incredible site, I wonder what other websites and/or apps you would recommend to fellow educators.

With 2012 coming to a close, many websites and apps now cater to education.  I'm sure you are using some of these to teach your students digitally.  David Kapuler has written his annual blog post featuring his picks of the Top 100 Sites & Apps of 2012 (Tech & Learning November 2012).

Are any of Kapuler's favorites on your list?

Do you have some favorites to add to his list?

Are there websites and/or apps for education that you have used and can share with us how your students liked the products?

• Re: What's your favorite educational website and/or app for teaching?
    amfgordon New User

As an educator and parent, two that I have found helpful are Khan Academy for math and Lexile for reading.

Khan Academy is one of the first real sites that highlights the idea of a "flipped" classroom. Students can search for videos on many different areas in math and learn about the concept. Lexile is a reading level assigned to most books and you can easily create book lists and find out the level of a book by using this site.

• Re: What's your favorite educational website and/or app for teaching?
      deeprivervisions New User

I think pengrouponline.com might be of interest, which is run by a teacher, with several sub-blogs there under colorful icons. If you haven't explored Artsonia, Pinterest (where some teachers have loaded ideas they like), or teacherspayteachers.com, those are worth knowing about.There is a vast archive of materials being shared at teacherspayteachers and some is free. Even if you decide to pay for something, it's going to another teacher rather than a corporation, and you might want to load something of your own. I loaded 3 videos for stimulating students before doing an art or science project at the link below. Don't be alarmed by the term "store," as there is no charge if you want to use them:

Store: Leslie-Wagle - TeachersPayTeachers.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...