I would like to embed one discussion into me Google Sites page. Is there a way to do that? I don't want to avoid the visitors from coming to Thinkfinity Community,...rather, I'd like to get traffic over here by giving them a nibble they can then click on to see more! I think if I posted one topic in, they could see what collaboration is possible and seek out more!
You said you are using Google Sites, correct? I suggest that you use the RSS feed provided under the Notification menu of a group or community and then use the RSS Feed gadget in Google Sites. The discussions will be embedded into your site and visitors can read the discussion from your site or click on the link to go directly to the community.
There are several steps involved in getting it set up, but once you do, it is done. I have provided directions below. Please let me know if you have additional questions!
1. Go to the overview page of a group or community that you want to include on your Google Site. The Community Hub would be a good one or if your site addresses a specific content area, you could select a special interest group.
2. From the Notifications menu, select View Feeds.
3. Copy the URL of the feed you want to include on your site. I suggest you select the Discussions feed since it is typically most active.
4. Go to your Google Site and turn editing on. From the Insert menu, select More Gadgets.
5. Under featured gadgets, there is one called RSS Feed Gadget created by Google. Select that gadget.
6. You will get a pop up window where you can customize your gadget. Paste the URL you copied in step 3 into the RSS Feed URL space. Select Ok.
7. Save your site and check to make sure it is pulling the correct feed.