Updated: August 26, 2012
Back to Help Center Index >
We seek to have the Thinkfinity Community be a welcoming and productive place to interact.
Please follow these common sense rules of conduct during your visits to the site:
- Be courteous. Have an opinion, but don't attack others with hurtful or unprofessional remarks. When you disagree with someone, discuss the issue gracefully. Before you post something, ask yourself: how would I feel if this post was about me?
- Listen. Allow people to discuss a topic without "interrupting" (replying to each new post), dominating, or monopolizing the conversation. Members who post more than five replies to their own question or who appear to create an unnecessarily aggressive or argumentative atmosphere, may have their post(s) reviewed, may be asked to post less in order to allow other community members to have a say, and may have the discussion closed or removed.
- Be professional at all times. Since we recognize that many of our members may access this site in a professional setting such as a school office, teachers' lounge, or other work setting, and that members as young as 13 are welcome to join the community, we ask that members please maintain professionalism in all content, including content marked as private or secret.
- Stay on topic. The focus of the Thinkfinity Community is education and technology. Discussions on other topics may be posted in The Lounge. Off-topic discussions may be moved to The Lounge by a site administrator or removed entirely. Because they are polarizing topics, we ask that discussions on The specified item was not found. and The specified item was not found. be posted to those specific groups. Reflect before you post. Is what you are saying relevant to the discussion you are posting it to? If in doubt, start a new discussion or post to a more relevant area. Most of the community discussions are read by busy members and hijacking thread topics is disrespectful of everyone's time.
- Do not double-post. If your discussion concerns education and technology, you will most likely want to post it in the Community Hub. If it is not relevant to those topics, please post in The Lounge, and if it is promotional, please post in Outside Promotions. Posts that communicate the same information in multiple places may be moved or removed. Also, links that appear to be posted to increase traffic for external sites (link building) may be deleted and your account may be suspended.
- Be helpful to new members. Many valued contributors start out by feeling their way around a site. Even if the question seems obvious to you, please treat others with respect when responding.
- Be of age. Thinkfinity Community adheres to COPPA guidelines, which requires that information not be collected from people 12 years old and younger. Therefore, people under 13 years of age are not permitted to be members of the Thinkfinity Community.
- Font size matters. Using all caps/large fonts for minimal emphasis is fine but using these for sentences or paragraphs is considered "yelling."
- Do not post offensive content. Do not post material that is inflammatory, harassing, obscene, defamatory, libelous, illegal, threatening, hateful, or embarrassing to any person or entity. Posting ***********, nudity, profanity, and word substitutions is forbidden. Do not post words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or religion. A general rule of thumb: if you are interested in posting or quoting from an email publicly, please check with the sender first.
- Do not advertise. The Thinkfinity Community seeks to be an advertisement-free environment. Please read our Community Promotions Policy for our complete rules with regard to promotional posting. Never post promotional messages in the Community Hub, Professional Development, the Help Center, or The Lounge. Never send unsolicited Private Messages containing promotional material (if you have received unwanted Private Messages, please report the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not register using a company name.
- Harassment and threats will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Respect copyright. Do not plagiarize or post any images or other content from another source unless you are sure it is in the public domain or that the owner has granted permission. Check website terms of service to see if the site has rules about when you may reproduce content.
- Respect the law. Adhere to laws and regulations in the country, state, and local jurisdictions where business is conducted.
- Correct mistakes promptly. You can edit your comments and documents. Be sure to correct errors within 48 hours when alerted to them.
- Adhere to Verizon Networks Content guidelines. We recommend all members browse the details of the Content Policy for Verizon Networks.
Disregard of these policies and guidelines may result in one or more of the following consequences:
- The offensive item is removed.
- The offender is given a warning.
- The offender's account is suspended/removed.
- The offender is banned from participating in the community. Note: If a member is banned, all of his or her content may be deleted, and he or she is not allowed to create a new account.
All content and opinions within the Thinkfinity Community are those of the individuals who posted them, not Verizon Communications, Verizon Foundation, or Verizon Thinkfinity. With these rules, we seek to create a respectful, positive, and productive environment within the Thinkfinity Community. Thinkfinity Community Administrators reserve the right to remove any post or disable any member's account at any time, for any reason.